Friday, March 6, 2009

Charisma Faith's Baptism



What a wonderful crowd we had at church the day Charisma was baptized. Most of her favorite cousins were even able to come! It was a great day and one that we will never forget. A baptism is such a stepping stone to a closer walk with God. It is saying goodbye to the old man and welcoming the new creation in Christ! It is also telling the world that "I am making a stand to serve my LORD!"


Here, Charisma was singing When I Call on Jesus and she got a little choked up from the wonderful meaning of the words in the song, so Annika came up to help her through to the end. It was such a perfect song for her, and she had it all memorized when she made the announcement that she wanted to get baptized. It had alot of us in tears, and reports were that there were not too many dry eyes in the whole church!



Next she gave her testimony which also made me cry, but it really told her heart, and that was so refreshing to hear.



Here she is, coming up out of the water as a NEW CREATION! "I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is so beautiful! I cried just reading about it! I am really looking forward to seeing the video. I love you Charisma! What a blessing you are!

Unknown said...

I second what Melanie said! I cried too! What a blessing it is to see her faithfulness to God! Congratulations Charisma!